Saturday 19 December 2015

A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab

My Review: 5/5 Stars
Goodreads Average Review: 4.04/5 Stars

"I'd rather die on an adventure than live standing still."


Firstly, I loved the concept of this book. The idea of their being three separate London's, our being the only one without magic, was so interesting and unique, at least as far as the books that I've encountered. The characters are also very original, and the character development is great while still leaving questions about them that I hoping will be answered in the sequels.

Schwab's writing is truly addicting, meaning that this is one of those books that you just can't put down. She adds elements of fantasy, political implications, and a new language system which all work together to make this book so great and so believable, despite the less than real content.

I recommend that everyone go read this book as soon as possible, as well as other works by Schwab (Vicious in particular), and you wont be disappointed.

~Kayleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment