Saturday 26 December 2015

Book Haul: December 2015

I received a Kindle this Christmas, as well as an Amazon voucher so I thought I would treat myself to a few books on the Kindle. Here are the books that I bought, and as a whole they came in under £15.

This is a fantasy novel that I have heard so much about on the book blogging universe, so I had to give it a go, seeing as fantasy is one of my favourite genres (not that you'd know if from this haul). From what I know, this novel is set in a world of magic that is ruled by some sort of evil. I don't know much more than that, so I'm looking forward to this.

I'm getting into mystery novels recently, and this is a sort of young adult version which I thought would be a good introduction.

This is a young adult contemporary novel about two best friends and the film they make for a dying girl that they befriend. Although this focusses a lot on depth, I've heard that it's actually pretty funny.

I don't know much about this book, but I think that's the point. It tells the story of one man's descent into mental illness, something that is often ignored in fiction, particularly fiction aimed at a younger adult audience.

Once again, I don't know a whole lot about this one. It's a historical novel with aspects of magical realism. It isn't anything like what I've read before, so I thought I would give it a go after hearing some good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment