Saturday 12 December 2015

Winter Break TBR

In a week, my Christmas holiday begins and I will be back home for about a month before university starts up again. Over that time, I want to get through several both, both for my studies and just for my own reading pleasure. So here are what I am going to try and get through.

1. Great Expctations by Charles Dickens
Part of my study of Victorian novels at university, this is a book that I've been wanting to read for ages but just haven't gotten round to it, so I'm glad to finally have something that will force me to read it.

2. A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
I heard so many good things about this book so I broke my book buying ban to purchase it, so this will be my Christmas read this year.

3. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
I'm also studying post-modernism at university, which is what this falls under. I don't know much about this, I think it has something to do with WWII but I'm not sure.

4. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Another of my university reads for a unit on science fiction and dystopia, The Road is a book that I have already tried to read and despised. It took me three weeks to get to about 100 pages, at which point I gave up, but I really need to finish it now.

5. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I bought this a while ago when there was a lot of hype surrounding it, but then I head from various people that it wasn't worth the hype and so that put me off, but I have decided to give it a go for myself.

6. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
Another Victorian novel, this is a bloody long book. I'm trying to listen to an audio book of this, but that also takes a long time.

7. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
I love Throne of Glass from the beginning, preordered Crown of Midnight, and then just haven't gotten round to reading this somehow. I want to catch up though, which is why I ahve put this on my TBR.






What books are on your TBR this festive season?

No comments:

Post a Comment